Ask a Local: The 10 Best Places to Grub in Minneapolis
There's no way around it. Minneapolis is a foodie city. Many gush over the culinary scenes in cities like New York and Chicago, while Minneapolis gets overlooked as a great destination for chowing down. Blogger Catherine Day of My Inner Fabulous gives us her 10 favorite places to eat in one half of The Twin Cities.
1. My favorite rooftop restaurant: Stella's Fish Cafe (Crave and The Union on Hennepin are close seconds). Stella's takes the cake because of the views; you have an amazing view of the skyline from any of their three levels of rooftops.
2. This is a great place to eat with an amazing view: Stella's Fish Cafe. Ha, just kidding! I would say anywhere on Saint Anthony Main. It's such a cute area with cobblestone streets and amazing views of the Mississippi and the Minneapolis skyline. My favorite would have to be Aster Cafe.
3. The perfect restaurant for a date night: Rinata in Uptown. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's so cozy and romantic on the inside. What's more romantic than Italian food?!
4. This is a restaurant you MUST try while in Minneapolis: This is so hard! It's like asking what my favorite restaurant is. I would have to say Gardens of Salonica. I love Greek food and Northeast Minneapolis is one of my favorite neighborhoods!
5. When I'm in the mood for something sweet, this is where I go: Angel Food Bakery. This is my absolute favorite place to get donuts! Trust me, I've tried a lot of donuts.
6. For an amazing breakfast/brunch, I go here: Al's Breakfast. Al's is an experience. It's built into an alley, so it's really tiny (only about ten people can sit and eat at once), but it's somewhere that you have to try! Go on a weekday to avoid lines.
7. A great spot for a cup of coffee: Spyhouse. Amazing atmosphere and the latte art is top-notch!
8. When I want an amazing cocktail, this is my go-to spot: Prohibition: This is another place with great views! It's on the 27th floor of the Foshay Tower. It makes you feel fancy.
9. I tell my vegan/vegetarian friends to eat here while in Minneapolis: Birchwood Cafe. Lots of yummy options and it's adorable too!
10. This is a great place for beer lovers: Surly Brewing Company. This just opened up and people are going crazy for it. We take our craft brew very seriously in Minneapolis!
Catherine Day is a Minneapolis life and style blogger at myinnerfabulous.com. She has lived in Minneapolis her whole life and loves it because there's so much to offer and there are always new places to see and try! Follow Catherine on Instagram at @catherine_m_day.