Ask a Local: 10 Amazing Spots Foodie-APPROVED SPOTS in Atlanta
Cali native and Atlanta food and restaurant advocate Morgan Ashley of Bohemian Eats is no stranger to the variety of cuisine that the city has to offer. From Mexican bites to her favorite dessert spots, keep reading to check out the ten spots she loves to frequent in The ATL!
1. When my friends are visiting me in Atlanta, the first place I take them is:
Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site! Atlanta has so much history that I love to show off to my friends and family.
2. When I want an amazing cup of coffee or tea, I go here:
I have a couple of places I frequent for coffee but my favorite is Proof Bakeshop because they have the best pastries and breads!
3. I love indulging here when I need something sweet:
The Tiramisu at Bellina Alimentari is amazing! Its $7 for a small cup but I swear it is worth every penny! Its the best in the city!
4. My default breakfast/brunch spot(s) in the city is:
Le Petit Marche in Kirkwood. The owner is a Cali girl like me and her parents work in the restaurant with her. The entire staff is so sweet and the salmon cake with grits is out of this world!
It would be a crime not to mention the fried green tomato BLT from Sun In My Belly.
5. When I am in the mood for Mexican food, I always eat here:
This is a hard question because very few places in Atlanta compare to Mexican food from back home in California. For Elote, Bartaco in Inman Park, for tacos Minero at Ponce City Market, for atmosphere Superica inside Krog Street Market and for all things Mexican, Nuevo Laredo Cantina on Chattahoochee Ave.
6. For delicious food with scenic views, this is the place to be:
7. This is a fantastic place for date night:
Anything Ford Fry owns. That man is a genius!
8. For late night munchies, I love going here:
Marcel. IF YOU HAVE NEVER HAD THEIR $10 STEAK FRITES YOU ARE MISSING OUT!
Jack Pizza and Wings is also my go-to dive bar for late night snacks. There was a time I was going twice a week just for their baked lemon pepper wings and cheap beer.
9. I love going to this bar(s) for tasty drinks:
Amer in Inman Park is by far one of the coolest bars in Atlanta. Every drink that comes out looks like something you would order while on vacation in some exotic country, but the décor and design feels very east coast. The aesthetic from top to bottom is gorgeous and so well curated.
I am also a huge fan of Little Trouble. Great drinks and a lot of fun.
10. You can't leave Atlanta without going here:
I am going to try to keep my list short because there are so many I frequent.
• So Ba in East Atlanta
• 18.21 Bitters inside Ponce City Market
• Any King of Pops popsicle stand
• Homegrown on Memorial. The owner and I both get our haircut at Trophy Room Barbershop, he is such a cool guy. I will forever be loyal to their "Comfy Biscuit." It's life changing.
• Cooks & Soldiers... I could go on all day but these are just a few of my favorites.
Morgan Ashley is the owner of Bohemian Eats was born out of the need to have a creative outlet but quickly turned into a business with community in mind. The goal of the brand is to connect people through food. Bohemian Eats serves as a friends guide to great local restaurants in and around Atlanta and beyond. Follow Bohemian Eats on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.